Главная » Публикации » Научно-технический журнал «Космонавтика и ракетостроение» » Scientific and technical journal «Cosmonautics and Rocket Engineering» » Regulations for submitting, reviewing and publishing scientific articles
Regulations for submitting, reviewing and publishing scientific articles
1. The article is accepted for consideration only on condition that it complies with requirements for the author’s original articles (materials) published in the Journal or on the FSUE TsNIIMash website http://www.tsniimash.ru
2. The following items should be sent off to the Editorial Board: a thoroughly proofread and signed by the author (co-authors) original copy of the article, information on the author(s) (resume), a letter to the Editorial Board, the abstract and key words of the article in Russian and English languages, an electronic medium with electronic version of all documents via e-mail: email@example.com
3. The article is registered by the Executive Editor in the article log file, indicating the date of receiving the article, its title, name of the author(s), and the workplace of the author(s). The article is assigned with an individual registration number and preliminarily checked for plagiarism.
4. The Deputy Chief Editor directs the article for reviewing to the Editorial Board member responsible for the appropriate section of the journal, who, in turn, redirects it to the reviewer.
5. External reviewers can be involved in the following cases: in the absence of the Editorial Board member responsible for the certain research area or/and R&D direction; the Editorial Board member is unable to make the review; the Editorial Board disagrees with the opinion of the Editorial Board member expressed in the review; the article is submitted by the Editorial Board member. At a scheduled Editorial Board meeting the decision of requesting a scientist who has research works in the sphere of the article to make the review of the article is taken. On behalf of the Editorial Board a letter with request is sent to such a scientist. The article and a recommended form of review are attached to the letter.
6. All reviewers must be acknowledged specialists in the area of the reviewed materials, and have publications on the subject of the reviewed article within the last 3 years.
7. Each scientific article must be accompanied by the review from a specialist with a Doctor’s degree or PhD in the corresponding scientific area.
8. Reviewing of the articles received for publication in the Journal is double blind, meaning that neither the author nor the reviewer knows each other.
9. The reviewer must examine the submitted article within one month from receipt and send the review or a reasoned refusal from reviewing to the Editorial Board (via e-mail or post). In case of refusal from reviewing the expert must notify the Editorial Board in writing or via e-mail within 3 working days.
10. When analyzing articles the reviewer validates the results and accordance with requirements for executing articles, and provides the conclusion on the possibility of publishing the article in writing. The reviewer may recommend the article for publication, recommend the article for publication upon revising it with account to remarks, or not recommend the article for publication at all. In case the reviewer recommends the article for publication upon revising it with account to remarks, or does not recommend the article for publication, the review must state the reason for such a decision.
11. A substantial portion of censorious remarks from the reviewer along with an overall positive recommendation allow referring the article to the polemical category and publish it in the order of scientific discussion, which is specified in the reference to the article.
12. While evaluating reviews, the attention must be paid to the relevance of the scientific task solved by the author. The review must unequivocally characterize the theoretical or applicative significance of the research, and correlate the author’s conclusions with existing scientific conceptions. The reviewer’s evaluation of the author’s personal contribution to solving the scientific task in hand must be an essential element of the review. It is advisable to note in the review the correspondence of the pattern, logic and comprehensibility of the article, and obtain an opinion on the reliability and validity of the author’s findings. The article must comply with the VAK headings and groups of specialties.
13. Upon receiving the reviews, the Editorial Board at a scheduled meeting considers the received articles and takes the final decision whether or not to publish the articles, based upon the assessment of the review. Once the decision is taken, the author(s) is sent a letter with the overall assessment of the article in case it is recommended for publication after revising/ recommendations for revision are given on the basis of remarks, if the article is not recommended for publication, reasons for such a decision must be clarified.
14. Articles can be redirected for additional reviewing upon condition that there are sufficient reasons for it.
15. The article sent to the Editorial Board by the author after implementing corrections is reviewed in general order.
16. Reviews are stored in the publishing house and in the Editorial Board office within 5 years, and sent to the archive according to established order afterwards.
17. The editorial department sends to the authors of submitted materials copies of the review or motivated refusal, and undertakes to send copies of reviews to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation upon receiving the corresponding request.
18. Articles with expert reviews are prefabricated by the Deputy Chief Editor or the person responsible for preparing the next instalment of the journal in accordance with its current sections. The Editorial Board takes the decision to include the article in the relevant section of the next instalment of the journal, or to postpone the publication to a later issue. A motivated decision of refusal to publish the article in the journal is also possible. The decision is approved by at least the 2/3 of the Editorial Board members present at the meeting.
19. Articles accepted by the Editorial Board for publication in the next instalment of the journal, acts of expertise and electronic files are transferred to the Technical Editorial Board of the Department 9121 (ONTI). Unaccepted materials are resent for revision (in case of such a decision), or taken to the archive in case of no compliance to the requirements. The author is then sent a letter with a motivated refusal of publication. The person in charge of the Editorial Board documentation prepares minutes of the Editorial Board meetings reflecting all remarks on each manuscript.
20. Upon literary and technical editing, the manuscript is coordinated with the authors, and an imposed variant of the journal instalment is submitted for approval to the Chief Editor or their deputy.
21. An advance copy is approved by the Chief Editor or their deputy, and sent to the printing house for printing the circulation of the journal afterwards.
22. An approved advance paper copy of the journal is stored in ONTI in accordance with the requirements for archival materials.
23. Upon coordination with the administration of FSUE TsNIIMash The Deputy Chief Editor places the contents of the next instalment of the journal on the FSUE TsNIIMash web-page.
24. According to the agreement (№ P-5556 / 425-10 / 77.11 / 2010r from 24.11.10) with the scientific electronic library (NEB), a database containing the metadata of the journal: names of authors, key words, links and abstracts of articles is being prepared in ONTI.
25. After binding of all items is complete, half of all copies of the journal are delivered to ONTI for sale by subscription through «Rospechyat» or otherwise, as well as deposit copies for the Book Chamber, periodicals halls of GNTB, MSU, MIPT, and others. The second half is sent to the person responsible for documentation of the Editorial Board for free distribution to the authors, the management of FSUE TsNIIMash, members of the Academic Council and the Editorial Board, postgraduates, and the library. The regular edition is 200 copies. Anniversary editions may be extended for up to 500 copies.
Контактная информацияФедеральное государственное унитарное предприятие "Центральный научно-исследовательский институт машиностроения" (ФГУП ЦНИИмаш)
Россия, 141070, Московская область, г.Королёв, ул.Пионерская, д.4
т. (495) 513-59-51
ф. (495) 512-21-00
|© 2000-2017 ФГУП ЦНИИмаш|